Answer: I can't think of a girl that doesn't at least like lipstick! Lipstick is really magical. It can brighten up our face, express moods, and amplify personality. It can be the perfect fashion accessory because who can stop you from matching it to that stunning pink scarf you're wearing!It is rumored that a woman will ingest 3.7 to 7 pounds of lipstick in her lifetime, so how can we be sure that whatever parts of it that gets into our bodies are not harmful?Common lipstick ingredients include oils, such as petrolatum, lanolin, cocoa butter, jojoba, castor and mineral oil for moisture; candelilla or camouba wax for texture; pigment for color; preservatives and antioxidants to keep out lippies fresh and safe and fragrance for a subtle or sharp smell.All of these ingredients are considered to be generally safe for human contact and consumption, unless you have an allergy to any of these ingredients otherwise continue rocking lipstick as your heart desires.The ancient Egyptians created their own makeup and lipstick out of natural ingredients and our attitude toward buying cosmetics should be the same. Many lipsticks out there contain traces of bad stuff so your best bet is to look for organic or vegan lipstick that looks hot on you.
Question: Are lipstick ingredients actually bad for you? What can I look out for? Will ingesting lipstick gonna kill me? -Shanice, Elizabeth, NJ
Watch out for:
- Retinyl Palmitate: A synthetic form of vitamin A that may be very toxic to pregnant women
- Tocopheryl Acetate: A form of vitamin E that is found mostly in skin care products but is toxic and known to cause burning, hives and scaling.
- Lead: Highly toxic, even in small contents can be dangerous. Lead can affect the nervous system and that is more serious than a heart attack. The FDA, which regulates the ingredients in foods and cosmetics, conducted a lab test on 400 lipsticks on the market and found that lipsticks had a range of 0.026ppm to 7.19ppm of lead in lipsticks which is really scary.
- Methylparaben & Propylparaben: Are preservatives that has been banned in European Union because it causes cancer and interrupt the endocrine system.
- D&C Red 22 Aluminum Lake: a colorant linked to nervous system damage.
Share this![/vc_column_text][social-media items_align="center"][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/3"][vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id="default-sidebar"][/vc_column][/vc_row]
Sale 70% Off
Title for image