- by 1
- 30 Jun 2015
7 Ways Chocolate can Make you More Beautiful
Chocolate lovers unite! Despite the bad wrap eating chocolate has these days, there are a lot of great beauty benefits that pure, dark chocolate can have on your skin, hair and health. Before continuing we must clarify this point: the kind of chocolate that has been refined and sweetened has already lost their nutritional benefits. Chocolate with at least %70 cocoa is the best you can do to reap the full benefits, such as:
- Dark chocolate are packed with powerful antioxidants like flavanoids which aide in smoothing fine lines and retaining moisture in our skin.
- Dark chocolate provides UV protection from the harmful rays of the sun. This UV protection prevents the sunburn and redness associated with skin cancer.
- Dark chocolate is also known to reduce stress by releasing theobromine, a central nervous system stimulant that helps enhance your mood.
- Want shiny and vibrant hair? Dark chocolate helps with that, too! You can eat it or make your own homemade hair mask using chocolate scrapings, honey and yogurt. The results are shinier and thicker hair - you can thank the copper, iron and zinc in dark chocolate that helps promote the renewal of cells.
- Unlike the sugary chocolates we're used to seeing at our local shops and candy stores that known to make you fat, dark chocolate aids in weight-loss. Dark chocolate is very filling which helps reuse cravings for fatty, salty and sugary foods.
- Aside from helping you lose weight, dark chocolate can help improve blood flow and lower blood pressure because it is rich in all the good stuff your body needs: cooper, potassium, iron and magnesium. Magnesium for blood pressure, iron for anemia and magnesium and copper for heart disease.
- On top of all the benefits that dark chocolate provides, dark chocolate improves brain functionality through phenylethylamine, a naturally chemical compound that improves cognitive function.